How much are they?
How many tickets can I buy?
There is a limit of 5 tickets per address and per credit card for this event.
Can I buy 1-day tickets?
Yes, check it out on the tickets section. They will be on sale soon.
Do I need to register in advance to buy tickets?
Where can I buy them from?
When do the tickets go on sale? Do they sell out? If so, when?
The first 2016 Hellfest tickets went on sale in November 2015.
Hellfest tickets tend to sell out very fast, but we can´t predict what will happen in 2015, so the best advice is to make sure you buy your ticket as soon as you can.
Where do I collect my tickets from?
The tickets will be sent to the address you have chosen at purchase; when you get there you will swap your ticket for a wristband at the festival entrance.
How do I get there?
Trains and buses are definitely the best options to get to the festival.
Going by bus:
Many companies are offering a transport + campsite ticket package. Please see the "Bus + Tickets" page on the festival website for more info.
Going by train:
The SNCF will advise you on your journey. Once in Nantes, trains for Clisson run regularly.
- Nantes to Clisson:
First train is at 6.20am
(lots of trains run between these hours) and the last train is at 10:30pm.
The cost is €5 for a trip (TBC)
- Clisson to Nantes:
First train is at
5.39am (lots of trains run between these hours) and the last train is at 7.21pm.
The cost is €5 for a trip (TBC)
There are shuttle buses which travel from Nantes to Clisson and in Clisson.
* Clisson -> Clisson:
€2 per person for a trip (day or night)
* Clisson -> Nantes / Nantes -> Clisson:
€10 per journey (from 7am to 8pm)
€15 per journey (from 8pm to 7am)
A minimum of 5 people must be present for the shuttle.
What is the closest city to the festival?
Clisson. It is located 35km from Nantes.
Please see map below:
View Larger Map
Camping? Hostels? Hotels?
You have a few options for where to stay:
1 - Camping:
It is FREE and definitely a good way of enjoying the festival from start to finish (yes, you have to take your own tent with you!). Water, shared showers and toilets will be available.
2 - Hotel:
A hotel for 2 people in Nantes will cost around €350 for 4 nights.
3 - Hostel:
A room to share will cost around €20 per day.
4 - Couch surfing:
This is a hospitality exchange and social networking website. Once you join up, you can search through host´s profiles and look for someone to stay with around the area of the festival, for free! This can be a really great way to meet people who live locally and get all the best tips.
Check it out: www.couchsurfing.org/
Food & drink
How much should I expect to spend each day?
It depends on the person, but to give you an idea, we´d say €20 to €30 per day should cover the cost of your food and drink.
Bottle of water: €2 (approx)
Soft drink: €2 (approx)
Beer: €3 (approx)
Food: between €6 and €8 (approx)
You are only allowed to take food and drink to the campsite but not into the event arena. Avoid glass bottles, they can be confiscated.
When does the festival start? What time?
In 2018, the festival will take place from the 22th to the 24th of June.
The camping area will be open on Thursday 22th June from 2pm.
Acts will be on stage from 10am to 2am.
Are there any age limits?
- Children under 12 can go for free but
must be accompanied by a parent or an adult.
If accompanied by an adult, they must have proof that the parents allow
them to be there - copy of passport compulsory.
- Children from 12 to 17 need a half-price pass that can only be purchased at the festival gates. They must be accompanied by a parent or an adult. If accompanied by an adult, they must have proof that the parents allow them to be there - copy of passport compulsory.
- People over 17 need a full-price ticket. Anyone under 18 years old must still be accompanied by a parent or an adult. If accompanied by an adult, they must have proof that the parents allow them to be there - copy of passport compulsory.
What artists have performed before?
Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Opeth, Aerosmith, Misfits, Korn, Bullet For My Valentine, A Day To Remember, Papa Roach, Bad Religion, Guns N' Roses, Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Within Temptation, Ozzy Osbourne
Is the line-up out?
Check it out: www.hellfest.fr/en/artistes/
What´s the average temperature?
It varies, you need to check the weather forecast before leaving and definitely before packing. To give you an idea, you can expect temperatures from around 17 to 24°C.
Do you want to meet other people also going to Hellfest?
Festivalholics will create an event for each festival on Facebook. So join the event and get chatting!
- Don´t forget to bring your wellies, everybody will be wearing them...the chance of muddy ground is very likely!
- Try to find a spot with lots of grass underneath your tent, the more grass you have the softer and better you will sleep.
- Be very careful where you set up your tent, the location is very important. Make sure you don´t set your tent up in a valley, because if it rains, your tent could easily end up underwater!
- If you´re camping, try to buy drinks at a supermarket and take them with you to your tent, drinking at your tent is part of the festival warm-up!
- Make some new friends! It´s always good to be friends with your tent neighbours, not only can you have a good time together, but they will look after your stuff and you can do the same for them!
- Enjoy yourself like there is no tomorrow!